2022 Subaru Outback Towing Capacity
Known for efficiency and good looks, the new Subaru Outback is a welcome addition to any Bellaire driveway. Along with a pleasing style and eco-friendly mpg specs, the Subaru Outback is built to work hard. So, what is the Subaru Outback towing capacity? When properly equipped, the 2022 Subaru towing capacity reaches a robust 3,500 pounds*. Below, Serra Traverse City will help you get to know this well-rounded ride to see if it matches your wishlist!
Subaru Outback Towing Capacity & Specs
For 2022, you’ll have the choice between two SUBARU BOXER® engines. Your Outback towing capacity will vary depending on the engine you select, but you can rest assured that both deliver plenty of power for your Kalkaska adventures. Better yet, you’ll secure standard all-wheel drive, a Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), traction control, and more.
2.5L SUBARU BOXER® 4-Cylinder Engine
- 2,700-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback base trim, Outback Premium, Outback Limited, and Outback Touring
- 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque
- 33/26 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
2.4L Turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® 4-cylinder Engine
- 3,500-Pound Towing Capacity
- Standard on the Outback Onyx Edition XT, Outback Limited XT, Outback Touring XT
- 260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque
- 30/23 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy
Subaru Outback Towing Accessories
- Trailer Hitch: 270-pound tongue weight and 2,700-pound towing capacity for the 2.5L engine, 350-pound tongue weight and 3,500-pound towing capacity for the 2.4L turbocharged engine.
- Ball Mount: For when you need a new ball mount, but the hitch casing is still working.
- Trailer Hitch Cap: Rubberized exterior-grade plastic with a UV-resistance polyurethane Subaru logo to make a lasting impression.
Outback Features for Better Towing
The 2022 Subaru Outback was designed to help you take on tough tasks and the road less traveled with peace of mind. The Outback towing capacity is supported by a range of performance and safety features that include:
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: Provides an even distribution of power to maximize traction, stability, and efficiency. This system actively adapts to changing road conditions.
- Standard X-MODE®: Combines Hill Descent Control and the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system for added stability through rough conditions or steep roads.
- Standard Control Systems: Vehicle Dynamics Control, Traction Control System, and Brake Override System offer improved traction through slick travels.
- Standard Subaru EyeSight®: This suite of safety features includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-collision Braking, Lane Departure, and Sway Warning.
- Available Driver-Assistance: With driver assistance technology like Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking, you’ll feel confident behind the wheel.
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame: The frame of the Outback helps provide strength when towing major cargo.
Find the Outback at Serra Traverse City
Now that you’re aware of the Outback towing capacity, you can explore our showroom to find your fit. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, give us a call to schedule a test drive at our Subaru dealership in Traverse City!
More from Serra Traverse City
If you’re looking to secure a vehicle that offers first-class comforts, advanced technology, and deluxe finishes for your commute from Bellaire to Kalkaska, then the new Toyota Camry is right for you! This ever-popular model is back and better than ever for 2023. In our research guide below, you’ll have the chance to peek inside…
Are you eager to hit the Bellaire streets in a fresh SUV? If so, the luxury found on the new Cadillac XT6 inside is likely to have a match for every item on your wishlist. Not only is the Cadillac XT6 interior loaded with high-end appointments, but it’s also spacious and comfortable enough for…
The Toyota Tacoma is a well-known model that gets the job done in style. Whether you’re looking for strong towing specs, efficient mpg capabilities, or a head-turning pickup truck, you can have it all when you explore our Toyota showroom for your ideal Tacoma. If you don’t find your fit at our Toyota dealership near…