The 2021 Subaru Forester Towing Capacity
Across its entire lineup, the 2021 Subaru Forester towing capacity is 1,500 pounds. That means that you can easily tow a small trailer or boat when you go on trips out of Bellaire. Learn more about the Forester towing capacity and other specs and features with the experts here at Serra Traverse City. Then, come by our Traverse City dealership and take a Forester for a test drive.
Subaru Forester Towing Capacity Specs
All five 2021 Subaru Forester trim levels come with the same engine: the SUBARU BOXER® engine. This engine is what gives these compact SUVs their remarkable towing capacity, and is why the Subaru Forester towing capacity is the same at every price point. For Kalkaska drivers who are curious about this engine’s power, here are the specs:
- 2.5L SUBARU BOXER® 4-cylinder engine with Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS)
- 182 hp @ 5,800 rpm and 176 lb-ft of torque @ 4,400 rpm
- 26/33 city/highway mpg EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings
- Lineartronic® CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Towing Enhancing Features
The new Forester isn’t just a powerful SUV, it also has an ultra-smooth ride. Specialized performance features boost the Forester towing capacity and performance. They include:
- Active Torque Vectoring: Works with VDC to create neutral steering, sharper turns, and increase cornering limits.
- Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: This unique AWD system offers a balanced distribution of power between the wheels for a more refined AWD performance.
- Traction Control: Uses VDC for an all-wheel, all-speed traction control system. It senses loss of traction and applies braking force to the slipping wheel.
- Trailer Stability Assist: It senses unsafe conditions and applies the brakes to the necessary wheels to help the driver maintain control.
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC): The sensors in this system monitor a variety of factors, including wheel speed, brake pressure, and the steering angle. In the event the system detects the vehicle is heading off the driver’s intended path, VDC will apply the brakes or reduce torque to correct the vehicle’s path.
When Lake City drivers upgrade to the higher trim levels, they gain access to even more features. These features make your towing even smoother and include features like:
- X-MODE®: This feature works to increase traction and minimize wheel spin across all types of terrain.
- Hill Descent Control: This feature helps you maintain a constant speed while traveling downhill, even when hauling a heavy load.
Drive the New Forester at Serra Traverse City
Do you feel ready to upgrade to the Forester? The best way to know is to try one for yourself. Contact us to schedule a test drive at our Traverse City dealership or to ask any questions you may have. Be sure to check our new vehicle specials beforehand to see if you can get a great deal!
More From Serra Traverse City
Are you eager to hit the Bellaire streets in a fresh SUV? If so, the luxury found on the new Cadillac XT6 inside is likely to have a match for every item on your wishlist. Not only is the Cadillac XT6 interior loaded with high-end appointments, but it’s also spacious and comfortable enough for…
The Toyota Tacoma is a well-known model that gets the job done in style. Whether you’re looking for strong towing specs, efficient mpg capabilities, or a head-turning pickup truck, you can have it all when you explore our Toyota showroom for your ideal Tacoma. If you don’t find your fit at our Toyota dealership near…
Join us for the Community Blood Drive hosted by Serra Toyota Traverse City on Friday July 15, from 10am – 4pm at our Toyota Showroom
Join us for the Community Blood Drive hosted by Serra Toyota Traverse City on Friday July 15, from 10am – 4pm at our Toyota Showroom located at 1302 S. Garfield Ave. Please sign up to donate by calling 1-866-Mi-Blood or visit www.Versiti.org/Mi – Appointments preferred, but Walk-ins are welcome. Donate and receive a limited-edition Versiti…